Saturday, January 9, 2010

I need $25 fast

This is my first post on the Flaming Pandas blog site. Sterling Morris, a student at USU who knows stuff, showed me how to do this.

Eventually I will post some of my old columns and some new columns here. Google will place ads along side of my postings based on my content. So, I would suspect my first ads will be targeted at people who like to set animals on fire.

I guess I should be careful about what I post. If I talk about Obama, I'll get liberal ads and if I talk about Rush, I'll get conservative ads. I wonder what I'll get if I mention Bozo the Clown or miracle leaders. Probably the same thing I'll get from Obama and Rush. Notice how clever I was in that reference. Republicans will read it in one way and Democrats in the other way. Although I'm guessing Republicans will be suspicious and decide to be offended. It looks like I'm about to get all political ads.

The reason I'm finally doing this after putting it off for a full year, is that today I need to raise at least $25 for a new wrist watch I want to buy. I really have to buy it. It's calling out to me and many of my other wrist watches don't work anymore because the batteries are dead. When I used to have a column in the Herald Journal and the News Tribune I would get tons of money each month. I was rich.

I want to be rich again - starting today.

10 comments:

  1. Steve!!! I'm the first member!!!! WHOO HOO....leave it to me....

    Glad to see, ah, rather hear from ya!!

    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you you have a Paypal account and list it here some people would pay you just for making us laugh. Thanks for coming back - I've missed the only part of the HJ I really looked forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, you'll get your $25 before you know it. Unfortunately, I've given every discretionary dollar I have to save the seals who left their heart in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to read your articles, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be the first to donate. Where's your paypal account? Your brilliance... stunning ... your delivery...impecabble... your groveling... imperceptible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So why aren't you in HJ anymore? Got tired of the big bucks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie - I'm told that you can get advertising on these posted and get money when people click on the ads. I haven't figured out how to do that but I need to because I need money bad. Thanks for suggesting someone might pay me to entertain them. That hasn't happened since I quit the synchronized swimming team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie - I'm so glad you were first to sign up. You've always been such a great friend. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lael - The Herald Journal dropped me a year ago. I was very sad. I lost all my income. My wife gets the grownup money I make. Then I found about about this blogging thing. Do you know if there's a way to respond directly to people?

    ReplyDelete
  10. John- Thanks for the post. I got a lot for my $5. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete